Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's been a while!

Sorry for the lack of updated posts, life around the Barten household has been VERY busy. It's budget season at work, which means the Marketing Plan is due right around the corner, which means I have been staying late at work to get it done and ready for our presentation in June.
Parish has been doing great, he's lost 12 lbs already (wish I could say the same), but he's worked out every day, running at least 3 miles. I am so proud of him and the work he has done to get himself healthy.

We had a great Easter, we spend it with Cindy up in Grand Rapids. We got to decorate Easter Eggs with Nicki, Chad and Haylee. I don't know who was more excited - Nicki and I or Haylee. She is such a riot. I am trying to plan a weekend for us to head down to Mall of America so Haylee can see Dora (who she LOVES).

I was going through my computer this last week and I found a picture that I have been meaning to find for a long time...

I will set the scene for you...

Cindy was at work, so was Nicki and Chad was working on the house. We (Gooner, Parish, Haylee and I) spent the whole afternoon playing the Hokey Poker, Ring a round the rosie, "Dotties" (which is like playing restaurant to Haylee) and singing "Santa Claus is coming to town." We were all so tired, but little Haylee kept laughing and smiling and so we kept playing and playing. I think this picture shows just how hands on Gooner was a grandpa. As Parish and I look back, we are so grateful for this day and the wonderful Christmas that we had with him.

Hope you all enjoy!





No comments: