Friday, August 22, 2008

Crazy Busy

Sorry for the lack of updated posts…Things have been crazy around the Barten household lately! I am having a garage sale – and I tore my house apart to try and gather up items to put up for sale – thankfully, I was able to de-clutter in a major way.

Here are some highlights of what we’ve been doing for the past few weeks:

  • The best news is that my mom is done with her radiation treatments! It's been a long road for her and we couldn't be happier that this part of her journey was a success and is complete. She has a good prognosis, so please continue to keep her in your prayers. She has to go back in 3 months I believe - to be rechecked. That's a little nerve racking, especially when you've been seen by a nurse or a doctor practically every day since May 4.

  • While I was slaving away de-cluttering our house (just kidding, I really had a good time), Parish was able to go up North to Two Harbors with his friend Dave. They enjoyed a weekend of fishing, golfing, campfires and good food. He had a blast and I am so glad that he did.

  • I went shopping for the first time in a long time and actually found some great clothes. I always have a problem shopping – either it’s too small or too big, it never fits just right – but I lucked out this time, which I am happy about.

  • Work related, things have been busy, but I am enjoying my job more and more each day. This is truly what I was meant to do! Parish is still enjoying St. Francis and he gets to go to 4 – 10s in September, so he’s really looking forward to that.

  • We are headed to the State Fair tomorrow (8/23) with Josh, Kris & JJ – should be a great time. I can’t wait to see JJ – its been too long and I am sure he’s even more hilarious and polite. He makes me want to have kids – so well behaved. Kris is moving right along with the new baby - I think she had 11 or so weeks left, so we are really looking forward to meeting their new, healthy baby girl!

  • We are looking forward to Parish’s mom and grandparents coming on August 29. Thankfully, they will be here to help me with the sale…so that’s good!

  • Happy 22nd Birthday to my sister Ashley! She was just offered a really good position with American Medical Systems – so that when she graduates, she doesn’t even have to stress about finding a job. She’ll be 22, making great money, living in Minnetonka and so independent. We are proud of you Ash!

  • My Grandma’s sister, Aggie, isn’t doing too well. She’s been a surrogate Grandma to us, along with Anna since our Grandma passed away. Please pray for her strength and healthy recovery. She’s 94 years young and has lived a great life – but she’s a fighter, and I don’t think she’s ready to give up just yet.


Hope you have a great weekend! TGIF!

No comments: