Saturday, May 23, 2009

A new found love...

We are finally back in the land of technology. We just got a new laptop (our old computer was infested with the WORM), and we now have the pleasure of surfing the web while curling up on our couch - it is fantastic!

While we were on break from the internet - we managed to pack in tons of fun these last few weeks! Here is a recap...

- We spent three weekends in a row with the McDonald family. We did everything from spend time with the godchild, playing "over the fence" volleyball with our little JJ, and Parish helped Josh build a rock wall at the cabin - which ended up falling back into the lake. At no fault of their own, of course.

- I started to get back into photography a little bit and had the pleasure of shooting my first wedding of the season on May 16. Congratulations to Kris and Dan Lavigne. I am especially excited because Parish bought me design programs for our new laptop for my birthday. Now I can edit, create slideshows, and doing pretty much everything I want to make all of our memories that much better. After this post, I plan on starting up the program and taking it for a stroll.

- I had the opportunity of getting a personal tour (with my boss) of the new gopher football stadium. I was so impressed with the locker room - it is in the shape of a football, 65 yards long, 25 yards wide - it is incredible. I just might become a football fan now...

- We ended up snagging a GREAT deal on a new cuddle chair for our living room. It matches the couch that we bought last year perfectly, so we did a little rearranging...

- And speaking of that, Parish and his Grandpa put hardwood floors in our dining room and kitchen and it looks like a brand new house! It is so beautiful and I am so lucky that Parish and grandpa are so talented.

- Finally, today was an awesome day. I rediscovered how much I like shooting a bow and arrow. Parish and I were slightly bored this morning, so we went out and explored the town of Princeton and discovered Whitcombs. What a great place. I used to do archery back in the good ole days, and loved it - but never took it any further than deer camp. I picked up a magazine and am looking at bows to purchase. I think it might be a great new hobby for me. Who knows - I could get really good at it.

Once I find the connection for our camera I will post updated pictures! I hope all is well and we are glad to be back in the world of technology!

No comments: