Thursday, December 13, 2007

Still Recovering...description might be graphic

Well, I am pretty much over the hump of my painful recovery. If I would have known just how bad this healing time would have been, I honestly wouldn't have had the surgery. When people told me how painful it was, I brushed it off - I mean come on - I've had tonsillitis 7 times since June/July - how "painful" could it be?

Well, I take it all back. They don't stitch the area where they remove the tonsils - they used something called Electrocautery, which burns the tonsillar tissue and assists in reducing blood loss through cauterization. The heat of electrocautery (400 degrees Celsius) results in thermal injury to surrounding tissue. Imagine the stages of a normal surface burn, you get the blister, then it pops and your nerve endings are exposed...same thing - except this is in my throat. YIKES. Good news is...I haven't had one ounce of pain meds today. That's a first in 11 days! :)

I will post some pictures soon.

This weekend, Parish and I are going to a Christmas dinner with some friends (and Jackson). We will be sure to share our pictures soon. Hope all is well!

Take care,
Sarah

No comments: