Friday, October 12, 2007

One Year Already!

This weekend marks our first wedding anniversary - already! I loved the whole planning phase of our wedding - from the hall to the dress to the music to the wedding favors - every minute I loved it! So, you can only imagine how I was after our wedding - some could call my emotions, the "wedding blues" I spent much of my extra time on doing things for our wedding - planning, designing the invites, making the flowers/decorations that I literally didn't know what to do - my true calling in life might just be a Wedding Planner. Maybe that's what I will be when I grow up. :) But I can't believe a year has gone by already!



Luckily, I am able to relive all the planning details through my friend Molly's wedding. She probably thinks I am nuts offering to help her all of the time, but honestly and truly I love doing it! Her wedding will be absolutley beautiful! More details on that to come later.

Our wedding anniversary is two days before Parish's birthday - and this year he turns the big 3-0! He loves gopher hockey, so for his birthday present, I bought him tickets to the Ice Breaker tourney this Saturday. So, that's our plans for this weekend. You should have seen his face when he opened up his present - like a kid in a candy store - smiles for miles! That's one of the best feelings in the world when you give someone a gift that makes their day. Parish is so appreciative as it is - and so fun to buy for.

We aren't doing much for our anniversary - maybe go out to a nice dinner - attempt to eat our wedding cake, maybe watch our wedding on video - a date night. It is on a Sunday afterall!
We have had a lot to celebrate over this last year. Parish is doing very well in his job, he passed his test and obtained his C-license in water treatment, I got promoted and enjoy my job very much, we received one of the best gifts ever - our yorkie Jackson - who has made us laugh every day! I am doing very well with my diabetes and we got news that my doctor is okay with us having a baby (next year - not anytime soon!), we have a great home, and are surrounded with wonderful family and friends. We really do feel blessed.




No comments: