Friday, July 11, 2008

Tisk, Tisk - microphones are HOT!

I don’t usually like to comment on things that happen in the news, I have to surround myself with it 8 hours a day, and so I usually keep my professional opinion to myself.

In regards to the upcoming Presidential election – I have actually enjoyed sitting back and taking in all of the information that each candidate has to offer. I think this is the first year where I have taken such an active interest in it. Maybe it’s because a woman was campaigning, or an African American, or maybe it’s because I want to really know about this election when and/or if this is the year that will forever change history books.

What I know for sure is how appalled I was at Reverend Jackson’s comments. The comments he made in what he thought was a “private conversation.” If you are ever hooked up to a mic – there is a potential of it being HOT! As a public figure he should already know that if you are wired – don’t say anything that you wouldn’t want to disclose to thousands of listeners.

Rev. Jackson spent most of his day yesterday apologizing for the rude remarks that he made about Senator Obama. Being in PR myself – I know first hand how damaging one little comment can be and just how long it will take the media to forget about it. His message has always been consistently, KEEP HOPE ALIVE.

I think the moral of the story is “Keep hope alive, and all personal attacks to yourself.”

No comments: