Thursday, July 10, 2008

What's on tap...

My mom is doing very well, she started her radiation treatments on Monday, July 7. Even though she doesn’t really like to waste her summer running back and forth to Hibbing 5 days a week, she only is there for at most a ½ hour. Things are looking positive for her – we just keep hoping and praying for her cancer journey to be over with soon.

My good friend Sarah and I have a lot in common, but something else we have in common is that our mom’s were diagnosed with cancer this year, albeit, different cancers – but it’s nice to talk to someone who is going through a similar thing. Sarah’s mom Sandy has a Caring bridge site – her website is: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sandykarasch

Pray for her as well, she has a long road a head of her – but she’s a fighter and is doing extremely well.

My sister Ashley is having surgery as well on July 18 to remove a lump in her breast. She found it a few years ago, and has been monitoring it, and the doctors don’t seem too alarmed, but with everything that has happened with my mom – she doesn’t want to take any chances. I took the day off of work to go with her, because my mom has treatment that day. So Ashley will be resting in Princeton after her surgery.

I have such a wonderful husband. For my birthday, he is remodeling our bedroom – it looks beautiful! He will have it complete within a week and I can’t wait to enjoy it. I will post pictures, as soon as it is finished.
It’s pretty stormy here today – we need the rain, but I hate bad weather.

No comments: