Friday, February 15, 2008

Sick on Valentine's Day

Bless my husbands heart - he means so well. Yesterday was Valentine's Day, the night before Parish got his present - HDTV in our living room on our big screen TV, I was feeling a little under the weather, but nothing a little cold medicine couldn't cure I thought... Boy, was I wrong. I went into the clinic and I found that I had a sinus infection, a fever and bronchitis! Ugh. They sent me home with a RX and away I went. I woke up, on Valentine's Day, thinking that I was going to go to work. I shot that idea down right away when my head felt like it was going to explode!

Parish was so sweet, he sent flowers to me at work (which I didn't get until this morning) and a gift certificate for a pedicure. He also made us a delicious dinner - parmesean crusted chicken, garlic twice baked potatoes and pasta salad - I enjoyed it, and I am sure it tasted pretty good - although I have completely lost my taste or sense of smell! He means well. I am hoping that I feel better this weekend, so we can at least treat ourselves to a romantic dinner...

I am leaving work early today to go home and rest. Although I don't have a fever today, I could pass for Ruldolph, I can barely breath and I am sneezing all over the place. So, I am just going to do everyone else a favor and head home!

Hope everyone has a great, safe weekend.

Sarah

No comments: