Friday, February 29, 2008

TGIF

That's all I can say - all week long I have been looking forward to this day..FRIDAY! Parish and I are in desperate need of a R&R weekend. This week has been hell, from working extra hours for me and confronting another phase in our grieving process...We have been missing Gooner a lot this week, but we made it through, so that's a good thing.

My mom was a huge help, she gave us a piece of advice that we have repeated quite often..."Instead of dwelling on how he died...why don't you focus on how he lived." That has helped us out a great deal. He did live a great life and we are proud to have known him and to be a part of this great family. His memory will live on forever in our hearts! Thanks mom...

On a lighter note, we have huge plans for this weekend...and I don't think that we have been so excited to just lay around and be bums in a long time.

Saturday morning - I look forward to our Saturday mornings which usually consist of delicious coffee, fishing shows and then a jaunt down to the local cafe for some breakfast. The weather will be beautiful, so we are looking forward to that. We are also going to organize the mound of paperwork that has piled up on our kitchen table (you know you are getting old when that excited you). I think we might even head to Home Depot/Menards to search for a new front door. Ah...the joys and excitement of being a homeowner. :)

I also have to mention that I plan on starting my spring cleaning (a little early), but I feel that we need some sunshine in our house, I always feel good when I can walk into our house and it is so clean...so I am looking forward to that too. But to every up, there is a downside and...I am NOT looking forward to the laundry. :)

Whatever you decide to do this weekend, I hope it's a great one. I am just excited to spend QT with Parish, Jackson and my favorite blanket (once my housework gets done).

Happy Leap Day!

SB

No comments: